Richard A. Vadnal
Attorney Richard A. Vadnal founded his legal practice in 2001, relying on over a decade of significant prior experience in the area of plaintiff personal injury representation, wrongful death, and medical malpractice. With a desire to help people in difficult situations and an ability fight for their rights, Mr. Vadnal has been helping injured victims and their families for over 23 years.
Mr. Vadnal began his professional legal career in 1988 working with a plaintiff personal injury firm in downtown Cleveland. After gaining extensive experience in handling almost every kind of injury, death, or malpractice case, Mr. Vadnal was recruited to join a large mid-west regional-based law firm with over 100 attorneys where he became a partner handling defense work and plaintiff personal injury claims.
Richard A. Vadnal is an active member of his community appointed as a Citizen Representative for the Shaker Heights Safety & Public Works Committee. The Committee meets monthly addressing issues for the police, fire, and public works departments. Mr. Vadnal is a graduate of the Shaker Heights Citizen Police Academy where he learned the ins and outs of law enforcement from jail to radar guns and DWI/DUI enforcement. He participated in SWAT demonstrations and learned firsthand in a mock demonstration what it is like to face sobriety and breathalizer testing.
Mr. Vadnal served three elected terms from 1993 to 1999 as City Council Representative at Large in the City of Euclid (Cuyahoga County) serving on numerous committees, including the Public Safety Committee and Finance Committee.
Mr. Vadnal loves spending time with his family and sharing parenting duties with his wife for their two young children. With a family history marked by a rich musical tradition, Mr. Vadnal enjoys taking his kids to music lessons, including piano and violin, and dance lessons. Mr. Vadnal and his wife enjoy physical fitness having run several marathons and have travelled extensively throughout the world.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Cleveland State University - Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D. 1988
- Cleveland State University, B.A. in Political Science , 1985
Admitted to Practice:
- All Ohio State Courts (1988)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio (1989)
- United States Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit (1991)
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Lake County Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Ohio Association of Justice (formerly Ohio Association of Trial Attorneys), Member
- City of Shaker Heights: Safety & Public Works Committee, Citizen Representative
- City of Shaker Heights: Citizen’s Police Academy, Graduate