An unprecedented number of accidents and injuries occur on our roadways, involving cars, trucks, pedestrians, motorcycles, buses, and semi-trailers. Accidents and crashes are the result of the negligent conduct or fault of one party. Drunk driving, for example, is the cause of countless accidents in parking lots and on roads and highways. Other accidents may be the result of a distracted driver, careless or reckless driving, speeding, or failure to stop at a stop sign or stop light. Recent tragic and catastrophic cases involve drivers causing accidents because they were texting or using a cell phone while driving and not paying attention to the road. Roadway injuries are frequently substantial, resulting in serious bodily injury, paralysis, and even death. There can be massive medical bills, lost wages due to an inability to work, and financial disaster.
Attorney Richard A. Vadnal has significant experience helping victims of car and motorcycle accidents and crashes recover settlements or verdicts for their injuries and losses. Mr. Vadnal works quickly to secure settlements through mediation or alternative dispute resolution proceedings if possible. If the liability insurance carrier is unwilling to settle for a fair amount, Richard A. Vadnal will pursue your claim in court, building a solid case to present to the jury. Mr. Vadnal has extensive experience documenting and gathering pertinent information from the accident scene with experts carefully reconstructing the incident to prove to the jury how the accident happened and who is responsible. Mr. Vadnal works with highly-skilled experts and utilizes the latest technology to present a compelling case at trial.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, it is important to act quickly in order to preserve evidence and protect your right to recover. The statute of limitations restricts the amount of time you have to file a claim before it is permanently barred. Contact Attorney Richard A. Vadnal to discuss your case today. There is no charge or attorney fee for an initial consultation.
Representative Motor Vehicle Cases
- A father, daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren were all seriously injured when another driver caused a rear-end collision in Danbury, Ottawa County, Ohio. Injuries included a closed head injury with fractures, concussive syndrome, residual cognitive abilities, cervical whiplash, and weakness in the left arm, causing a forced retirement. The father was a U.S. Army Veteran and was hospitalized at the Veterans’ Administration Hospital (VA Hospital). The accident was investigated by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
- A husband and wife were severely injured in Solon, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, while lawfully driving their motorcycle, when another driver negligently failed to yield the right of way. Injuries were extensive, including comminuted fractures, internal derangement of the knee, and plastic surgery due to scarring.
- A 69-year-old man suffered a serious brain injury in a truck crash when his pickup truck was struck by a cement truck that crashed a stop sign in Zephyr Hills, Pasco County, Florida. The large liability insurance settlement helped pay for future necessary medical care and medical bills.
- A woman injured by a drunk driver in Parma, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, causing substantial neck and back injuries requiring rehabilitation and physical therapy, received a substantial settlement from the drunk driver’s liability insurance carrier.
- A 15-year-old girl suffered a fractured wrist, requiring surgical pinning, along with neck and back injuries in a car crash when another driver failed to stop at a red light in Twinsburg, Summit County, Ohio.
- A Shaker Heights, Cuyahoga County, Ohio man was injured after a drunk driver crashed a stop sign, causing a T-bone collision. Injuries required emergency room care and physical therapy to our client’s injured knee.
- A highway worker suffered massive injuries when he was run over by a tractor-trailer. A workers’ compensation claim was successfully argued before the Industrial Commission in Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. The workers’ compensation award included scheduled losses for loss of vision, loss of hearing, and loss of the use of both arms and both legs. Injuries also included traumatic brain injury, subarachnoid hemorrhage, lung contusions, fractured scapula, fractured femur, and fractured facial bones. The pedestrian-truck accident occurred in Canton, Stark County, Ohio.
- A Garrettsville, Geauga County, Ohio resident was seriously injured while visiting her family in Los Angeles, in a multi-vehicle accident. Hospitalization was required due to a perforated bowel requiring surgery, along with a dislocated shoulder and compression fractures in the lumbar spine that were surgically stabilized with eight pins and two rods. A mediation occurred before a retired Federal Court Judge serving as a mediator, with offices in Beverly Hills, California.
- A Stow, Summit County, Ohio man, sustaining neck injuries, received a settlement from a drunk driver’s liability insurance company. Our investigation revealed the drunk driver to have had several previous alcohol-related drunk driving offenses.
- An Eastlake, Lake County, Ohio man, on his motorcycle suffered massive leg fractures requiring numerous surgeries when he was struck by a drunk driver who fled the scene. The drunk driver had 4 previous OVI (DUI) convictions and was later apprehended by police because witnesses were able to identify the truck and license plate for police.